Tuesday, December 19, 2017

Hitting the 25K Mark

I hit the 25,000-word mark on Enter the Night. I'm guessing the draft will be around 55-60,000 words. I'm writing shorter books these days. I'm not under contract to produce a 100,000-word book, and for that I'm glad. Some of my earlier books, where I had to hit a minimum of a 100K, felt a little padded. And honestly, I tend to read shorter books these days. I don't have a ton of reading time, and I'm not getting any younger. Trying to get through as many books as I can. That's not to say I wouldn't enjoy a good, doorstop-sized epic now and then, but most of the stuff I read comes in around 250 pages.

Saw Star Wars on the second night and I loved it. It went against expectations in the best possible ways. I plan on seeing it again.

Just finished reading Chuck Dixon's Gomers, a cool little zombie novel. I've read a few of his books and I'm quickly becoming a fan.


No comments:

Saw A Quiet Place II This Weekend

Jenn and I went for lunch yesterday, then saw A Quiet Place II at the Aurora Theater. The Aurora is a great little theater. One screen, and...