Saturday, October 24, 2015

My Favorite Horror Movies/Novels

A few years back, I posted some of my favorite horror movies.  With Halloween a week away, I thought I’d post some of my favorite horror novels/movies in a combined list.

On a side note, this is the first year we won’t be trying to find a Halloween costume. My oldest son (18) stopped trick-or-treating two years ago. My thirteen-year-old announced that he was too old this year to go. Hence, no last minute rushing around to find a costume. I won’t miss those Halloween nights standing in freezing drizzle or snow while the kids collected their loot, but it does mark the passage of time. And I won’t lie and say it’s not a little bittersweet.

Here’s the list in no particular order:


  •    Halloween (original John Carpenter version)
  •    Aliens (not technically horror, but I’m lumping it in here)
  •     Alien
  •    The Descent
  •    The Shining by some King guy
  •     Sinister
  •     IT (novel)
  •    Friday the 13th, Part Two
  •    Pumpkinhead
  •   Off Season by Jack Ketchum
  •   The Killing Kind by Bryan Smith
  •    Feast (movie)
  •    Paranormal Activity (the first one)
  •    Insidious
  •   Night of the Living Dead
  •    Dawn of the Dead
  •   The Thing
  •   Salem’s Lot (the novel)
  •   The Road by Cormac McCarthy (novel and movie)
  •   Silver Bullet
  •   Dead Snow
  •   Endless Night by Richard Laymon
  •  The Texas Chainsaw Massacre
  •  The Legend of Boggy Creek
  •  From Dusk Till Dawn

No comments:

Saw A Quiet Place II This Weekend

Jenn and I went for lunch yesterday, then saw A Quiet Place II at the Aurora Theater. The Aurora is a great little theater. One screen, and...