Monday, October 27, 2014

Horror Movies, The Walking Dead, and Such

Watched Book of Eli, which I liked a lot. Also checked out You're Next. I'm about 3/4 quarters of the way through. It builds tension nicely but it's plagued by SHMCD (Stupid Horror Movie Character Decisions). Everyone knows you don't go check out the spooky noises by yourself. And never split up, for Chrissakes. The Walking Dead is off to a strong start with two solid episodes. Let's hope they keep it up. It's a much better show when the situation is fluid and the characters don't get bogged down in one location for an entire season. Also, my twelve-year-old said, "Rick looks bad ass with that beard. Just like you, Dad." I hardly qualify as a badass, but I'll take it.

Just finished reading: Kill Whitey by Brian Keene

Just started reading: 11/22/63 by Stephen King

No comments:

Saw A Quiet Place II This Weekend

Jenn and I went for lunch yesterday, then saw A Quiet Place II at the Aurora Theater. The Aurora is a great little theater. One screen, and...