Monday, October 18, 2010

The Cover for No Escape

Thanks to my lovely wife's computer skills, we were able to come up with an e-book cover for No Escape:




If all goes according to plan, it'll be up for sale on Amazon within the week. 

As a family, we've been doing a constant juggling act the past month. My wife is a teacher, and she was picked to be the Senior Class advisor. So that means we've been working the school's concession stand for the Friday night football games. It's kept us busier than the proverbial one legged man in the ass kicking contest, but it's been a blast.

The writing class I'm teaching is going well. My students are bright, articulate, and both have a good amount of writing talent. I think they'll both turn out stellar stories.  I'm finding I enjoy teaching and will be offering the class again in the winter class session.

Due to our hectic schedule, I've gone into guerilla mode when it comes to writing.  Strike fast, get the words down, and get out. Usually on a note pad while in a waiting room, or maybe some pages early on a Saturday morning. I think that's how most writers do it. At least the ones with full time jobs and other commitments. I think there's a myth about writing that you have to have huge blocks of time to do it. Or a special place to write where the Muse comes along and sprinkles fairy dust on your keyboard. If you have that time and space, more power to you. But it can be done in short bursts, too.  Life doesn't stop for writing, but that doesn't mean you can't write.

The next novel is rolling along (almost too well - that scares me). No completion date for that one yet, but the pages keep piling up.

No comments:

Saw A Quiet Place II This Weekend

Jenn and I went for lunch yesterday, then saw A Quiet Place II at the Aurora Theater. The Aurora is a great little theater. One screen, and...