Monday, January 01, 2018

Writing Goals for 2018

We spent a quiet New Years Eve at home with the kids, which is what my wife and I enjoy doing. We had drinks, snacks, and played Cards Against Humanity.

I hit 29,000 words on Enter the Night. I'm hoping to have a draft done by early February.

Dean Wesley Smith has a great blog post up about writing goals for 2018.

In looking at some of Dean's suggestions, I'm going with trying to hit a minimum word count of 250,000 for the year. That comes out to 685 words a day. I'm actually shooting for 750-1,000 words per day. I'm going to blog my progress here, also another one of Dean's suggestions.

I still think the best marketing is to get more of your work out there. That's the plan for 2018. I may also write some additional short stories on breaks at work. I'll see how this all pans out.


No comments:

Saw A Quiet Place II This Weekend

Jenn and I went for lunch yesterday, then saw A Quiet Place II at the Aurora Theater. The Aurora is a great little theater. One screen, and...