Thursday, November 27, 2014

Thanksgiving 2014

Spent a good day with family and had a nice meal topped off by my wife's pumpkin cheesecake. Crossed the 100-page mark on the latest novel. At the current rate of production, I'll probably be able to have a draft done every 3-4 months. One of the keys to success in the new world of indie publishing is having a number of quality titles available for sale.

Maybe it's because we're binge-watching Game of Thrones, but I have an urge to write an epic fantasy novel. It might be something I take a stab at under a pen name.

Saw Edge of Tomorrow on pay-per-view and enjoyed it.

Currently reading: Brilliance by Marcus Sakey.

I've taken a break from King's 11/22/63. It's one of his more meandering novels. Sometimes he can write a 1,000 page novel and it reads like 300. Other times it's like wading through quicksand. I'm hoping the book picks up. I'll come back to it eventually.

No comments:

Saw A Quiet Place II This Weekend

Jenn and I went for lunch yesterday, then saw A Quiet Place II at the Aurora Theater. The Aurora is a great little theater. One screen, and...